Friday 25 April 2008

Charles McCarthy Announces Retirement

The UFC's Charles "Chainsaw" McCarthy announced his retirement from competition today, in the wake of his recent UFC loss to Michael Bisping.

McCarthy, aged 27, had this to say: "I have achieved many of the goals I set out to accomplish in this sport and found others just out of reach. It is now time for me to lay down my gloves and rededicate my attention towards my business, my fighters, my family and my team."

McCarthy's current MMA record stands at 10 wins with 5 losses. He is perhaps best known for his time on The Ultimate Fighter 4 - The Comeback, where he was defeated by Pete Sell via Unanimous Decision. It was this show that earned him the nickname "Captain Miserable", due to his almost reclusive attitude.

Here at MMA Quizzes, we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours.

No comments: