Sunday 1 June 2008

Kimbo And Brett Rogers Exchange Words

In the aftermath of last night's Elite XC/CBS event, members of the media were almost given an exclusive fight at the post fight press conference.

Heavyweight fighter Brett Rogers, coming of a win to Jon Murphy, decided to question Kimbo's ability to fight, and his performance against James Thompson earlier that night.

"I seen some [expletive] today," Rogers said. "I seen some [expletive], some garbage-ass [expletive]. I'm a heavyweight, and I feel I'm a true heavyweight. (James) Thompson? Much respect. But I'm saying it like this. Kimbo Slice, man, that was just garbage, man."

Other heated exchanges occurred, including this little back and forth:

"I'm going to speak it real," Rogers said. "It was garbage. You did tap. You did tap out (and) I was right there."

Kimbo responded immediately."That sounds like a challenge, big dog,"

This exchange resulted in Kimbo's enoturage shouting abuse at Rogers, with Kimbo being held back by Gary Shaw and Jared Shaw, and Phil Baroni holding back Brett Rogers. The pair may well meet up in the cage sometime in the near future.

No comments: