Friday 6 June 2008

Catch Up: Tito Ortiz Looks To Start Own Promotion

After a few days of silence from Tito Ortiz, he has announced some of his plans for his future.

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz is currently a free agent after his fight contract with the UFC ran out. Tito has plans to sign for another organization, but has kept quiet about which one this might be (although if Donald Trump has his way, we will see Tito in Affliction before too long, see here for story: http://mmatrivia.blogspot.com/2008/06/update-donald-trump-to-try-to-sign-tito.html)

After hearing past comments from Tito over the way the UFC is run, it is perhaps no suprise that he wants to have a go himself. But Ortiz isn't as sure of this as you would expect. At the moment, he says he is 65% sure he wants to start his own promotion. Here is what Ortiz had to say on the matter:

“When I was in the UFC, they talked so much about how I wanted to get out of it and how I wanted to stop fighting. It was a bunch of baloney. I still see 3-4 more years of competition left (in me) and I want to build. I want to make a (rival) company neck and neck with the UFC. I think it’s going to be about taking care of the fighters and that’s what I’m going to do."


No comments: